Friday, March 19, 2010

There's good news, and there's bad news

The good news is that, thanks to the ever-reliable Pioneer Woman, I encountered a wonderful organization called the International Princess Project. I am about 190% ready to hop the next plane to California and be a double-full-time volunteer for this awesome initiative, which provides opportunities for women previously enslaved by prostitution. In their own words, "International Princess Project advocates for women enslaved in prostitution, helping them restore their lives and empowering them to live free. Through various initiatives, International Princess Project both helps partner organizations increase capacity and provides direct support for women in need." 

Their product, Punjammies, are beautiful, hand-crafted pajamas, all of the profits from which go directly to aftercare support for the rescued women. Most of the items on the site are sold out right now - I'm assuming due to the deluge of traffic PW brought in by posting about them on her blog - but I will definitely be checking back again soon to purchase a pair or 200.

The bad news is that last night I was making pizza. That's usually bad news in and of itself, but last night it was even worse because when I opened up the bottle of pizza sauce, it literally exploded. It was like opening up a can of soda that had been dropped - we are talking a 5 foot circumference of sauce here. All over my kitchen. And my white shirt, which is now white with artistic orange splatters. It was at this point that I ascertained that the sauce had gone bad. I settled for sauceless pepperoni bagel pizzas, which were surprisingly quite good. So technically, this is just good news disguised as bad news.

And that's just the kind of news I like best...other than regular no-nonsense good news. You really can't beat that.  

No comments: