Sunday, March 14, 2010

Raindrops are fallin' on my head (and feet)

Yesterday I decided to go shopping for rainboots...finally, after 5 years of living in the land of near-constant precipitation. So off to Target I went. Being a woman in my mid-twenties, I thought it rational to head to the women's section and try these on:

Women's Merona® Zabrina Dot Rain Boots - Black/Multicolor

Then I remembered that I have the feet of a fourth grader. So off to the kid's section I went. And this is what I found:

Youth Cherokee® Ursa Polka Dot Rain Boots - Pink

Now if you've known me for longer than 5 minutes, you know that a hot pink polka dot number is about the last thing on earth I'd be caught wearing. Also, my wardrobe has advanced beyond the flourescent stage, so these just wouldn't do.

Next:

Youth Cherokee® Uwen Skulls Rain Boots - Black

Nothing says "rainy days got me down" quite like skull and crossbones boots. Not exactly the sentiment I'm going for. I plow on:

Youth Cherokee® Unai Rainbow Stripe Rain Boots - Multicolor

Does anyone remember Rainbow Bright? I'm pretty sure these are her boots. For the probably of me donning them, please refer back to children's option #1.

And last but not least:

Youth Cherokee® Ulmar Camo Rain Boots - Green/Multicolor

Which is the clear choice if you are stalking someone in the rain. Or in the Amazon.

And so I settled on these:

Women's Mossimo Supply Co. Lonnie Studded Gladiator Flip Flops - Brown

Clearly the practical choice, since they won't hit the Western NY pavement for another 3 months or so. Year 6 of soggy soles it is!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Your blog never fails to make me laugh! Thanks for the smile-sorry about the soggy soles.

Beka Watts said...

Haha - thanks Meg! Just keepin' it real...and sometimes, that means children's footwear. And wet feet :)