Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thank you, Stillwater, thank you.

So this week I'm out on travel for admissions. My first stop tonight was Stillwater High School...a place I thought I had never visited before. Au contraire. I had, in fact, never actually visited Stillwater High School...but I've attempted. The memory of being endlessly lost on back roads before the GPS era entered my life and having to call the school to cancel my visit came screaming back to me as I turned onto said doomed road once again this evening. Lucky for me, all I had to do tonight was follow a purple line, so I arrived safe, sound, and undismayed. I would have been happy with just that.

However, I ended up with so much more. My prize for actually finding the school this time around was AMAZING. Hands down the best thanks-for-coming gift I've ever received at a college fair. I'd start to explain it, but I'd end up in hysterics again, so I'll just show you:


Wait for it...wait for it...


I almost popped a blood vessel when I opened it and beheld the glory before my eyes. A whole booklet filled with multi-colored post-its notes?!?! Do you know how many of those I go through in a year?! A month?! A DAY?!?!?!?! Oh, so many. I flag pretty much everything I read. Hence my unparalleled enthusiasm.

And as if that wasn't enough...they also gave us CHOCOLATES. I would show you those too...but they didn't last long. So...here's the box:


Thank you, Stillwater High School, thank you. You made my day. And maybe my month too, all things considered.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Beka, you never fail to make me smile! How do you always manage to write such great posts? I'll look forward to seeing you when you get back.

Beka Watts said...

Oh Meg, that's good to know! I'm glad my little ramblings make you smile :) Looking forward to seeing YOU - we really need to get together and catch up soon!