Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thank you, NFL Rewind

Let's talk about something.

The something in question is the predicament facing those who work out at the gym during after-dinner hours. At this point in the day, the remote controls for the TV's have been scattered throughout the facility which leaves the night owls at the mercy of the early birds' channel choices.

It can get ugly.

Such was the case last night. While pedaling away with determined fury I looked up to see Uma Thurman on the TV screen. My entertainment expectations were humbled a bit by this, but not completely squelched. The squelching took place when Uma's body bursts into bloody bits and starts attacking people. And commanding itself to wiggle it's big toe. And then continues attacking people, but this time in animation form. (If you have not seen Kill Bill, this is my official endorsement: don't see it. You will have very odd dreams afterward.)

Needless to say, this was not the inspirational documentary I was craving. I did not want to kill Bill nor did I want to see Bill killed.

When I was finally able to tear my eyes from the wreckage, I realized that the TV next to Blood Bath Central was playing a football game from 1994! Dan Marino in all his sprightly glory against the Drew-Bledsoe-led Patriots! Praise God from whom all blessings flow; I was never happier to watch a live event that look place 16 years ago.

Thank you, NFL Rewind, for saving my workout entertainment options from their disturbing alternatives. I, and my non-violent psyche, am ever so grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The day I drag my sorry behind back in to the gym will also be ugly.

I hope the tv's are tuned to something spectacularly horrific so no one will notice me heaving on the elliptical.

You're welcome for the little visual.

- CPQ-

PS - Thanks for delurking. And if y'all get Tim Tebow, I may consider switching allegiance away from the Colts.

Beka Watts said...

CPQ - We'd be happy to have you! The Packers are a welcoming bunch...so long as you don't play for Minnesota and have a last name that sounds like "starve" :)