Monday, March 22, 2010

It's spring. I have proof.

This weekend, spring sprung in my apartment. It sprung here:



And here:



And here:



And a little bit here...



...something about the combination of ginger and fluffy white frosting seemed springlike to me...and that was all the reason I needed to whip up a batch of these Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies. They remind me of the Little Debbie cookies, except these won't survive a nuclear holocaust or still be perfectly preserved 100 years post-production. That, and they're way better. Sorry, Little Debbie. But you still rock the Swiss Cake Rolls better than anybody, so not to worry.

And even though it's about 38 degrees and windy and raining and freezing outside of my window, all of these things remind me that it is in fact the second day of spring, even if Western NY is trying to prove it isn't.

No comments: