Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Winter-Blues Comfort Food

Confession: I am ready for some sunshine.

I love winter. Specifically, I love snow. But since we are experiencing a snow drought here in Western NY, there's not much to love. I do not love being assaulted by life-threateningly-freezing wind gusts or taking 5 layers of clothing off when I get to the gym. This is the part of winter that can be a little miserable, even for the most ardent of winter-lovers.

What better to cure cold-weather blues than hearty comfort food? I absolutely loathe oatmeal, but really love this version using quinoa:


You know it's going to be good when Martha's involved. It's just the rule.

And...if for some reason quinoa doesn't do the trick...there's always the good ole' faithful combo of milk and warm cookies:


Since I was in dire straights of winter blues, I opted for both. It was a good decision.

No comments: