Friday, February 12, 2010

This is embarrassing...

As a flashback to the schooldays of yore, here's a word problem for you:

If Beka has a hair appointment at 2:15pm in her hometown that is four hours away from the town where she lives now, what time does she need to leave in order to be there on time?

a) 10:15am
b) 11:15am
c) 2:15pm
d) I don't know but I see where this is going and it's not good...

I chose b. I chose b without a second thought and in full faith that I would arrive at my destination on time. It was only until I counted the hours backwards on my fingers during the drive home that I realized, with pained groans, that I was going to miss my first hair cut in 7 MONTHS (thank you, admissions, for that sad fate). Not only do I still look like a beast, now I mirror both the appearance and education of a cavewoman.

Needless to say, I'm rescheduling my appointment. And stopping payment on my college loans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beka. Got admit. I know I egg'd on your homemade omelet (in this case, the blog) for quite some time before it actually happened. Unfortunately I haven't been reading it. UNTIL NOW. (Cue deep voice trailer man and epic sounding music) Today is a day that will go down in (browser) history. For I am about to...drag your blog address into the holy grail of my web site visiting...the favorites links bar on the top of Google Chrome. As it is written, it shall be done. These are too good to pass up. I'm hooked. Good work...to me...for egg'n you on...jk...but seriously...jk again actually...I laughed out loud reading your stuff. Okay I'm done. Seriously i'm rambling and can't stop. I'm DONE!

Beka Watts said...

Mike. Thanks :) Both for the comment and the initial motivation! I should add a line on the bottom to give you copyright credits :)