Wednesday, January 13, 2010

LOL...for real.

So as a result of the aforementioned benign stress that has weaseled its way into this week, I've decided to start a file on my computer named "Things That Made Me Laugh Out Loud." This list may come in handy on days in which I find myself not apt to laugh out loud unless reasonable cause presents itself. List = reasonable cause. The idea occurred to me while I was reading the following on timteblog.com, which did indeed make me laugh out loud:

More from Smith about Tebow, from Tuesday night:
I hope he has a great career in the NFL wherever it's at, whether we're a cat in this hat or somewhere else in the league. He's gonna be successful at anything he pursues in life.
"Whether we're a cat in this hat" is one of the strangest phrasings you'll ever hear. It's certainly new to me. I'll take that as some kind of secret code for "Yes, we're drafting him."

Whether it's the visual of the misspoken phrase, the Dr. Seuss references it conjures up, or my current state of exhaustion that made this quote so hilarious to me I know not. I do know that it had me cracking up for a good ten minutes.

The very next thing I added to the list was the post with the Joe Cocker video, which still puts me into hysterics every time I watch it.

I'm sure there will be plenty more additions to come in the near future, and I'll be sure to account for them here as well and label them under "Things That Made Me Laugh Out Loud" so that you all can enjoy them too. This will be fun.

No comments: