Thursday, January 7, 2010

Home, home on the range


I don't know what rock I've been living under, but somehow I missed the rise of Pioneer Woman into blogosphere super-stardom. This woman is AMAZING: Photographer, cook, mom of 4, and self-proclaimed "accidental country girl" who not only accomplishes all the above tasks brilliantly but with a healthy dose of wit and optimism.

And her love story with her husband...OH MY WORD. Suffice it to say I've sacrificed every spare moment of my week and all semblance of appropriate sleeping/rising hours to devour her chronicles of their story (aptly named "From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels"). Now I am not one of those girls who swoons at chick flicks and popular romance novels. Far from it. But this story has elicited squeals and gasps and shouts of joy - and the best part of all is that it is purely, beautifully, completely real, not an ounce of fiction to be found. In a world polluted by scandals and infidelity it's so refreshing to know that real love stories still exist.

In the words of the Pioneer Woman herself, "Grab a cup of coffee. Curl up with a blanket. Have a box of kleenex and a fan handy." Settle in to read an amazing account of real-life romance; you won't soon regret it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um. ohmygosh. OH MY GOSH. hello. OH. MY. GOSH.

Anonymous said...

Isn't she great? Have you tried one of her recipes yet? They never fail to please. A friend bought me her cookbook for my birthday and I made her chili last night and let me just say....YUM!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment (and for coming out of lurkdom!!) I agree. That Joe Cocker video cracks me up every single time I watch it. I don't know why mondegreens make me hysterical but they do.

Again, nice to meet you. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts!

Beka Watts said...

Megan - I know. Incredible!

Whimzie - so nice to meet you too!!! And I've put P-Dubs' cookbook on my birthday list...but will likely cave before April (who am I kidding? before the end of this weekend is more like it) and go get it asap. Thanks so much for stopping by my neck of the woods!