Friday, April 9, 2010

"It's like asking someone to swallow the sun."

I have been sorely lacking for original blog fodder this week, as witnessed by the daily posting of borrowed materials. I promise to resume personalized accounts of my scintillating life again in the near future, but for tonight, I need to continue the trend of the past week and share this video with you.

This video is beautiful. It's one of the best talks on creativity I have ever encountered. It's ironic that I love it so much, given that the speaker is Elizabeth Gilbert and Eat, Pray, Love is the one book I've started several times and have never been able to finish. (After seeing this, I may give it another go round. It's that good.)

Enjoy, and be encouraged. And after you are done enjoying and being encouraged, check out the organization behind the video, TED: Ideas Worth Spreading. You'll be glued to the website for the next 4 hours or so, but it will be 4 hours well-spent.

No comments: