Sunday, November 8, 2009

Four Random Thoughts

Random thoughts for the weekend:

1. It is unbelievably good to be in my own apartment, making my own coffee, hearing my own squirrels burrowing into the roof...
2. I am usually a strict no-Christmas-before-Thanksgiving person, but I am all about the holiday season right now. I bought Christmas stamps at the Post Office, an advent calendar at Hallmark, Christmas lights at Target...it's November 8th and apparently Christmastime is here.
3. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer was absolutely amazing - beautiful, insightful, true. I can't say enough about it, and nothing I could say would do it justice.
4. Throwback jerseys in the NFL are out of control...the Bucs look like padded creamsicles. If they beat us today it will be more shameful to be beaten by a team in pastels than a team without a win.

And with that, I'm off to enjoy this unseasonably beautiful November day.

No comments: